Can you believe it is only 19 days until Christmas? I absolutely love this time of year, there is something about the magic of Christmas, the anticipation of putting up the tree, decoration the house, buying gifts and most importantly spending time with loved ones.
This year my family and Mr Big’s family are joining forces to celebrate together, thankfully everyone gets along great and with both our mum’s sharing a deep love of anything with bubbles, particularly the alcoholic variety, it should be a day to remember.
Each year we do a Secret Santa gift for the adults for both families. At the start of December we each pick a name out of a cup and whoever you chose you buy a present for, we set the limit to around $70 per person. This year I drew my beautiful sister in law, Anna, and Mr Big drew Shane, our brother in law. On my side of the family, Mr Big got my mum and I got my step brother Andrew. As the qualified shopper of the family I been searching online for the perfect gifts and so far I have the ladies sorted, simple as, but I’m struggling big time to find a gift for Shane & Andrew, what on earth do you buy for a thirty something man that doesn’t cost more than $70? I hate to admit it but I fear I’m suffering from a severe case of shoppers block!
So, my solution……. I will share my top must have gifts for the ladies under $70 if you, my dear readers, will please please please share your suggestions for the men, again, please I’m desperate for help!
Ladies Gifts for Secret Santa.
A scented candle – quite possibly the most perfect gift.
My favorites, in no particular order.
- Milkies Candle Co. A divine range of beautifully scented candles presented in unique milk bottles. Made in WA Australia. Starting from $10
- Ecoya Sweet Fruits Christmas candle RRP from $24.95, this limited edition candle smells divine. Available from Freedom, Bed Bath n Table and speciality stores.
- Glasshouse Fragrance Beverly Hills, Pink Lemonade RRP $42.95 available from Myer, David Jones and speciality stores.
Bath & Body Products – as busy women we can tend to neglect our own needs for everyone else, a little TLC and time out for ourselves would be a welcomed treat.
- LUSH – the heavenly products from Lush are amazing. Their bath bombs and massage bars are to die for. They also offer great selection of gift boxes and wrapping.
- Frank Body home of the coffee scrub, a great range of natural products that will invigorate that special lady in your life
- Vice & Velvet gorgeous handmade soap, bath and body products. My personal fav is the Bathing Whip, sounds a little naughty huh!
Flowers – now before you say, oh but flowers will die quicker than Milli Vanilli’s singing career (if you don’t know who Milli Vanilli were, they were two very pretty men back in the late 90’s that tricked the world into believing they could actually sing….. you know what, Google them, interesting story!) Anyway back to flowers, you must take a look at these amazing gift boxes that I came across from House of forever Bloom. These incredible roses last an entire year! I’m so in love with them, hint hint Mr Big.
Last, but certainly not least, a great Secret Santa gift for the lovely ladies is a day spa voucher. My idea of a perfect day out is morning coffee, a spot of shopping, followed by a relaxing afternoon of pampering. Perfect!
I hope I have given you some inspiration and ideas for the special ladies you are buying for and please remember to leave your suggestions below in the comments for the perfect Secret Santa gift for the men.
Till next time, happy shopping & Merry Christmas xxx