I have to admit, I’m still quite the little virgin when it comes to using Social Media sites. I have just joined the world of Instagram, Twitter & something called Tumblr around 2 weeks ago, yay me….. #feelingratherwithit ! and so far so good, I think!
I’m yet to give into the Facebook faze, I say faze as I’m one of those people that thought Facebook would be over and done with quicker than Donald Trump’s Presidential campaign, clearly I was very wrong with both predictions and have no psychic ability what so ever.
I have learnt several things though in the last 2 weeks which I have been trying to casually mention in conversation with my “real life” friends that are regular social media addicts, sorry recreational users, of Facebook, (Mr Big & his mates find it quite amusing filling me in on my friends OTT Facebook antics)
- If you have had more than half a bottle of wine disconnect all electrical devices, turn off your wi fi & step away from the keyboard
- You are not anonymous, your profile picture thingy is seen by everyone
- A keyboard warrior is very different from a real warrior
- Social media is not therapy
- Changing your Facebook relationship status anymore than three times in a month will result in a permanent unstable label being added to your profile forever!
I am definitely your garden variety recreational user at the moment, this may however lead to a more dependent addiction after I have used for a longer period of time. I get the appeal of Social Media, when I receive a new follower or several new likes on my Tweet or Instapic I feel rather impressed with myself, like the cool kids of the wide web world have let me join their table for lunch or something, if I haven’t received new followers after posting I know it is just because the Instagram factory has closed for the day.
Happy Tweeting xxx